EHR as a platform for healthcare application development
Our EHR platform supports shared information models, is vendor and technology neutral, has open APIs and is open standards based. It provides an ideal platform to base your clinical applications on without worrying about interoperability, migration and data portability.
Finally you have an opportunity to be in control!!
EHR.Network offers EHR as a platform. This person centric EHR platform is secure, privacy aware, open and standards compliant. All clinical data on the platform is vendor neutral, interoperable and accessible across the life of a person.
This platform can be used as a common clinical data repository to build and manage evolving healthcare IT systems. This architecture allows the segregation of information from actual applications so that each can evolve on its own without impacting the other.
We have designed EHR.Network to comply with the Indian and International EHR standards. It is engineered to deliver the Requirements for an Electronic Health Record Architecture, as per ISO/BIS 18308.
Why don’t you give your data the respect that it deserves?
- Plug’n’play services – flexible clinical models, semantic interoperability, vendor neutral datastore, security, privacy, standards
- Ready to use Healthcare APIs – Open APIs, REST/JSON
- Simplified app development– Manage complexities so that life for app developers is made easy
- Shared data, unique experiences – Collection of user centric healthcare applications that work on centrally managed data
- Best of breed apps– Choose/build best fit applications to create a complete healthcare system
- Centered around the patient – Make it possible for the patient to own their longitudinal lifelong health data
- Everybody wins – Lower cost, improve availability & enhance quality of care
Design principles of the EHR Platform
Privacy by design has been one of our core design principles for EHR.Network. With this in mind, we have distributed and segregated the data store to reduce privacy risks. We refer back to the OECD Privacy Guidelines on all critical decisions relating to data privacy on the platform.
Considering the sensitive nature of a person’s health data, EHR.Network’s security guidelines are based on the OWASP Top 10 Most Critical Web Application Security Risks. Independent security consultants have tested and certified this while deploying the platform for the Karnataka Mental Health Management System(KMHMS).
While designing the Clinical Data Repository(CDR) of the platform, we were cognizant of the fact that clinical data is evolving and flexibility of data scheme is paramount when attempting to support the lifelong EHR of a person. We were able to overcome this challenge by adopting the openEHR specifications to implement our CDR. openEHR multi-level modelling paradigm and peer reviewed and open access repository of clinical models makes our CDR unique.
We believe that APIs define a platform to the external world. In line with the OpenPlatform concept we have designed everything on the platform to be portable and inter-operable, whether it is the EHR data or the EHR systems that are built on the platform.