ABDM compliance – Middleware that simplifies the ABDM integration problem
ABDM compliance involves the integration of healthtech systems via the ABDM network to enable continuity of care for patients. Each system could be disparate in the way they capture and persist health data. They could be using custom UI forms and schema for the persisted data.
However, for data to flow seamlessly between health systems via ABDM, compliance to Indian EHR standards is necessary.
Upgrading your existing systems to become natively interoperable via ABDM involves the re-architecture of your deployed digital solutions. This would result in disruption to your work flows, resulting in huge costs associated with re-engineering, redeployment and retraining the end users.
If you are considering getting your legacy healthcare application certified and integrate with the ABDM network, our ABDM Middleware can simplify your task and also save you time and money. It can be deployed to streamline integration of custom health data from your systems for ABDM compliance.
ABDM middlware is a custom implementation of our EHR middleware to meet the requirements for ABDM certification. This used in conjunction with our ABDM Connect provides a complete end-to-end solution for ABDM integration
How it works
The extended demographics service manages the ABDM profile of your patients, including their ABAH address & ABHA number. This part from fulfilling the ABDM certification requirements, also eliminates the need to make any changes to your existing registries.
It also manages the practitioner and organization details in incoming data so that your internal registries are not overloaded with external data that are not relevant to your system processes.
You can process the custom data in your internal EMR into the ABDMmw EHR repository for exchange purpose. The additional metadata & structure required for ABDM are fulfilled during this process so that the data push to third party systems are seamlessly managed.
The incoming bundles are managed by the middleware and may be accessed by your applications as and when required. You can process them into your internal data repository on getting additional consent from your patients.
CareContexts are a unique construct specified by ABDM for discovery and accessing of health information by patients. We provide a unique careContext service for managing ABDM careContexts and grouping your clinical data for easy discovery and linking.
ABDM also specifies definite workflows that health systems are expected to execute based on data events. These include HIP initiated careContext linking, hiType notification & SMS notification. Our middleware utility service has been configured to trigger such events based on addition of data into the ABDM middleware repositories.
The middleware makes it easy to implement the regulatory requirements for management of the received data. It has apis for managing it’s data to cover events such as consent expiry, consent revocation etc.
- Manage Patient, Practitioner & Organization ABDM profiles
- Manage complete ABHA profile of patients including their ABHA address & ABHA number
- Repository for outgoing clinical data
- Policy based data push from health systems for sharing
- Repository for incoming data.
- Flexible formats to fetch received data by health systems – FHIR, openEHR, custom
- Deletion of received data for regulatory compliance
- openEHR and FHIR repository options
- ABDM CareContext for discovery & linking
- Triggers for careContext linking, hiType notification & SMS notification
- Decoupling of ABDM & application workflows
- Independent evolution of applications and ABDM integration layer
- Application initiated integration data
- Reduced dependency allows independent application team plans
- Framework to implement compliance to ABDM policies
- Option to involve users in data scoping shared data
- Centralized component to implement future ABDM changes
- Manage schema mismatch between ABDM shared data & applications